Getting a visitor to convert on your pop-up is a big deal for both you and the visitor – it is their first window into what it is like to be a part of your community.
It's super important to master these first impressions, which is why Hello Bar allows you to display a custom message after someone converts on your pop-up (converting meaning that they click on the call to action button on the pop-up).
Please note that these custom thank you messages are only available on paid plans. If you are on a Free Starter Plan, you will only be able to display our generic thank you message, which reads "Thanks for signing up! If you would like this sort of pop-up on your site..." and directs the user to Hello Bar's site.
Here's how to set up a custom thank you message for your pop-up:
- Sign in to your Hello Bar account and either create a new pop-up or edit an existing pop-up
- Within the pop-up builder, you will want to go to the tab marked "Conversion" at the bottom of the lefthand menu
- Here, open the drop down menu under the text "After a visitor submits an email address, what do you want to do on your site?"
- From this menu, you will select whether you would like to show a custom message, or if you would prefer to re-direct that visitor to another URL
- Now, you'll be able to enter the text or URL of your choice, as well as adjust the font, font color, and font size under the tab that reads "Conversion Styling"
- Once you'd made all the changes you would like, you will just hit the green "Save & Publish" button at the top right of your screen and you will be all set!